Odds are, you’ve got some turkey lying around. How should you use it? Well, you should put it on some fresh crusty bread, alongside some brie cheese, thinly sliced pear and cranberry mayo. Then you should grill it so it gets golden and toasty. Then you should definitely eat it. Problem solved.
Fancy Turkey Sandwich Ingredients
Don’t forget that last part about putting the whole thing on a George Forman/panini grill. Or else it won’t look like this:
Grilled Turkey and Brie Sandwich
Grilled Turkey and Brie Sandwiches
Thinly sliced pears
Cranberry mayo (2 parts cranberry sauce, 1 part mayonnaise)
Salt and Pepper
1. Take as much as you’d like of each ingredient and pile it onto some fresh crusty bread. Starting with the mayonnaise and then the cheese on top of the other ingredients to help the melty cheese keep everything together.
2. Spray grill with oil or lightly butter outside of bread, and put on hot grill until bread is golden and the cheese is melty.
I’ve been making this recipe for years and I’ve NEVER been disappointed. Although the original recipe (which comes from a friend’s dad who is a chef – maybe that’s why it’s so good) calls for the whole thing to be wrapped up in puff or phyllo pastry, I got kind of lazy this time and left that step out. Guess what? It was still amazing. I may or may not have had this for dinner one night……OK…..I did.
To start, chop some pecans and dice some pears, and stir it into a mixture of melted butter and brown sugar. Add some salt to taste.
Pears and pecans with melted butter and brown sugar
Slice the Brie in a few places, about halfway through the wheel to open it up a bit and allow for the pear mixture to fully infiltrate the cheese. Put the Brie in an oven safe dish, and add the pear mixture on top. Bake it for about 15-20 minutes until melty and bubbly.
Baked Brie with Pears, Pecans and Baguette
Smear it on that baguette and prepare your taste buds for edible heaven 🙂
Sweet, Melty and Savoury Baked Brie 🙂
Baked Brie with Pears and Pecans Recipe
¼ cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
½ cup finely chopped pecans
½ cup diced Bartlett pear or Granny Smith Apples
Wheel Brie Cheese
Puff Pastry or Phyllo (Optional)
Egg Wash (1 Egg mixed with a few tbsp water) (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt butter and blend brown sugar. Add chopped pecans and fresh pears or apples. Add a little salt to taste.
3. If using pastry, roll it out and place sugar mixture into the centre. Flatten and place Brie on top. Using the egg wash, brush the pastry and fold around the cheese, ensuring a tight seal. Place in oven safe baking dish.
4. If you’re not using the pastry, place the wheel of Brie into an oven safe baking dish, slice cheese in a few places, about halfway through the wheel. This allows for the pear mixture to infiltrate and mix in with the cheese.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown or melty and bubbly. Serve warm.