Imagine a sweet, spicy and savoury mixture of flavours on top of a semi-thin-but-still-fluffy pizza crust with melty cheese….mmmmmmmm 🙂 Well imagine no longer, Thai Chicken Pizza is here!
The ingredients may seem a tad unusual at first; alfalfa sprouts, carrots, sweet thai chili sauce, peanuts etc, etc …..and no tomato sauce in sight. But remember that the Potato, Bacon and Leek pizza doesn’t use tomato sauce either…and remember how amazing that pizza is?? AND it involves the proven deliciousness of Thai Peanut Sauce. I rest my case.
Roll out your pizza dough (use dough from this recipe) and top with sweet Thai chili sauce. Don’t skimp on this stuff! It provides the sauciness factor and just straight up tastes amazing.
Then top with fresh mozzarella and grilled chicken
Bake it in the oven @ 500 F for 12 to 15 minutes, or until sufficiently golden, bubbly and melty.
Top with alfalfa sprouts, red pepper, chilantro, chopped peanuts and peanut sauce. Don’t be afraid to add some arugula too, if you want to up the leafy green factor. I also would have used carrots, but I didn’t have any. D’oh!
Then you get to eat this amazing pizza! Enjoy!
Thai Chicken Pizza Recipe
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil, for drizzling
4 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
12 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
2 cups thinly sliced red pepper
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1 ½ cups cilantro
Thai Peanut Sauce, to taste
1 Pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 500 F and arrange the oven rack at the lowest position.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and grill them on both sides until done. Remove from the grill and slice thin. (Or sauté in a skillet if you prefer)
- To assemble the pizza, roll out the dough and place onto a baking pan drizzled with olive oil. Spread the sweet chili sauce all over the dough.
- Lay on the mozzarella slices, then the chicken slices.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Throw on as many sprouts as you’d like.
- Next, add the peppers, carrots and cilantro leaves.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce all over the top of the pizza.
- End with a sprinkling of chopped peanuts.
From: The Pioneer Woman (Shocker!)