I just got back from a wonderful vacation to St. John’s, Newfoundland, but while I was away I missed the Admiral’s 1st birthday! I’m a bad owner, I know. But anyways, I thought this occasion was cause to go back and pull out some of the best work The Admiral has done in the past year!
By the way, with 91 posts and almost 5000 hits, I’d say The Admiral has had an admirable first year! Thanks for reading!
So let’s do a top ten list of The Admiral’s greatest hits:
10. The first post was a good post, in my opinion! I’d happily eat these chicken pot pies any day of the week. Quintessential comfort food.
9. As proof that sometimes I do eat vegetables, I had to include the Steak and Potato Salad with Spicy Caesar dressing. Every part of this salad is delicious, but the dressing and the homemade croutons really puts it over the top for me.
8. The BBQ burritos were an amazing meal one summer night at the cottage. I’d eat them at any time of the year, don’t get me wrong, but they are a perfect cottage compliment 🙂
7. As a tribute to my severe love of all things carbohydrates, I had to include this recipe for Three Cheese Risotto. It’s everything you want it to be; rich, creamy, cheesey and extremely bad for you!
6. It’s all about the icing with this chocolate cake. Make sure you use high quality chocolate, and then prepare yourself for chocolate cake ride of your life.
5. This Baked Brie recipe is one that definitely gets the most hits. I’m not the least bit surprised either. You gotta try it to believe it! Guaranteed potluck hit!
4. These Green Chili Chicken Tacos are dynamite. You’d think that frying the tacos would make them greasy, but actually it just makes them extremely delicious.
3. I was skeptical at first, about a pizza without any sort of sauce, but I thought it couldn’t hurt to try it at least once. Turns out I’ve “tried” this Potato, Bacon and Leek pizza multiple times since then; it’s truly a glorious creation.
2. It’s no surprise that there is a pasta recipe near the top of this list….it’s really the fresh made spaghetti that sets this dish apart from the rest. And the stuffed and roasted tomatoes serve as the ideal topping. A dream dish 🙂
1. Pho Bo takes the “cake”! I don’t know what to say other than this Vietnamese noodle soup is just delicious. It’s all about the broth, which is surprisingly easy to make and customize to your liking. You MUST try it!
Did I miss anything that you would have included in the top 10?