No disrespect to beef meatballs, but these turkey meatballs are tops. Lots of fresh spices and lots of simmering infuse these meatballs with loads of savoury, tomato flavour. And if you know how to mix things together and roll something into a ball shape, you know how to make these. That puts this recipe into the simple and delicious categories, and of course they are healthier than using beef or pork, so score a whole bunch of points for turkey meatballs!
Mix all of your meatball ingredients together in a bowl to start….ground turkey, parsley, rosemary, garlic, breadcrumbs, etc, etc, etc.
Roll up bits of the turkey mixture into whatever size meatball you like best.
Fry them up until browned in some onion, garlic and butter 🙂 There are so many delicious aromas involved with this recipe!
Add chopped veggies and tomato sauce, and let it simmer for at least 20 minutes. The flavours only get more intense the longer it simmers, and your home will only smell more tantalizing!
Start with my all time favourite ingredient – complex carbohydrates – and top with the meatballs and a few heaps of sauce. Fresh black pepper and Parmesean cheese will only help things here. Dig in!
Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs Recipe
1 lb ground turkey
¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp cayenne
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
2 cups assorted veggies, chopped (ex. Peppers, carrots, celery, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, etc. etc. etc.)
4 – 6 cups (Tomato Sauce
Spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- Mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, herbs, spices and an egg in a bowl until completely combined.
- Grab about 1 tbsp worth of turkey mixture and roll into balls. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan and add onions and garlic; fry until golden brown and aromatic. Add a bit more oil if necessary, and add meatballs to pan. Cook on medium-high heat until browned and nearly cooked through, flipping every few minutes.
- Add veggies to pan and cook for a few minutes. Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Simmer for as long as you like. The longer it simmers, the more delicious the flavours will be!