Salad can be delicious! Especially when you top it with steak, roasted potatoes and homemeade croutons! OK, I really don’t have a problem with salad, but these things only help the situation. You know what else helps the situation? The spicy Caesar dressing. It’s easy to whip up and keeps really well, so you can use it for delicious lunches all week!
Here’s how you make it happen: start by throwing some egg yolks into a bowl.
Whisk in some garlic, chipotle peppers, lemon juice and a bunch of other good stuff. You’ll be left with a gorgeous and flavourful dressing.
Line everything up that you’d like to have in your salad. FYI there are also perfect roasted potatoes in the oven at this time 🙂 I also used the home made croutons from this Panzanella Salad recipe. Don’t underestimate the tastebud pleasing power of the home made crouton!
Once the potatoes are ready to go, throw everything onto a big plate. This is a dinner entree, so don’t be shy, pile it on!
This what the vegetarian version would look like:
The non-vegetarian version looks like pretty good too! Just add some steak and drizzle on some of the dressing. Now you get to eat!!
Steak and Potato Salad Recipe
2-3 cups mixed greens (arugula, if at all possible)
Small seasoned and grilled flank steak, sliced
¼ cup perfect roasted potatoes
¼ cup homemade croutons
½ red pepper, sliced
¼ cup feta cheese
Sliced red onion (optional)
1. Toss all ingredients together, drizzle with Spicy Caesar Salad Dressing and serve!
Spicy Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 egg yolks
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp Worcestershire
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the minced garlic to a bowl. Throw in the Dijon, add the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, and add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Mince up the chipotle peppers and add them to the dressing.
- Whisk it all together, then begin drizzling in the olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly to thicken.
- Slowly but surely, it will turn into a nice thick dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.