Some days I feel like I’m just coming up with different ways to consume cheese and carbs. This is one of those days. Allow me to introduce you to Chicken Spaghetti; a creamy casserole concoction that’s got a bit of a cayenne pepper kick, and delicious veggies to boot. It’s shameless, glorious, comfort food. Don’t be shy, dig in.
Line up your ingredients: chopped peppers, pimentos, cream of celery soup, cayenne pepper, season salt, broth and CHEESE. Lots of wonderful cheese. And a big pile of spaghetti, naturally.
Throw your ingredients into in the pasta pot.
Don’t forget the shredded chicken!
Stir it all up and inhale those intoxicating aromas……ahhhhh. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Bake with an extra layer of cheese. Ah, anticipation.
Serve it up.
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
2 cups Cooked Chicken
3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
2 cans Cream Of Celery Soup
2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Finely Diced Green Pepper
1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 tsp Seasoned Salt
1/8 teaspoon (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Prehat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked chicken – roasted, baked, fried, whatever. Breasts, thighs, legs, wings, whatever.
- Cook Spaghetti in chicken broth (or water) until al dente. Drain and return to pot, then add remainder of ingredients, except addition cup of cheese.
- Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar.
- Bake for 45 minutes until bubbly. Cover with foil if cheese starts to overcook.
From: The Pioneer Woman