You know this one. It’s the appetizer that everyone wants to order at restaurants, and always gets devoured. It’s also the one you are happy to discover is in your friend’s oven when you arrive at their house. Why not make someone else happy the next time they come over? And your own stomach too, by default! And don’t forget, leftovers (wishful thinking?) the next day take a regular old sandwich to the next level.
Add some artichokes, cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onion and cayenne pepper to your food processor or blender.
Pulse it a few times, then add some more bite size artichokes pieces, and the rest of the ingredients.
Spread it in an oven proof baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or untily it’s slightly browned and bubbly. And making your kitchen smell magical.
Now smear it on a fresh baguette and don’t hold back. Or pita. Or tortilla chips. Or veggies.
Hot Artichoke Dip Recipe
Two 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained
One 8 ounce block cream cheese
1 cup real mayonnaise
2 Green onions, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Dash of Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add one can of the artichokes, the cream cheese, the mayonnaise and the green onion to the bowl of a food processor (or blender).
2. Sprinkle in cayenne pepper to taste.
3. Pulse the mixture 6 or 7 times. You don’t want to liquefy it; just get the artichokes all chopped up and mixed with the other ingredients. Mix Parmesan and salt and pepper to tase, and set aside.
4. Roughly chop the artichokes from the remaining can. Get them down to bite size pieces.
5. Add the artichoke pieces to the dip and stir together gently.
6. Pour the mixture into an oven-safe dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through and bubbly. Serve with blue tortilla chips, crackers, or white button mushrooms. Or a spoon.
From: The Pioneer Woman